Welcome to the iAngels Monthly Deal Digest, a summary of corporate developments in the Israeli startup market.
This August we tracked 27 announced deals totaling to $464 Million, and 7 exits totaling to $2.6 Billion.
IT & Enterprise Software was the leading sector this month. Cybereason, a provider of endpoint protection, offering endpoint detection and response, next-generation antivirus, managed monitoring and IR services, has received $200 Million in a growth financing round led by Softbank. AU10TIX, a developer and implementer of automated capture solutions, authentication, validation and generation of digital records for identifying documents such as passports, identity cards, driving licenses, etc., has received $60 Million in a Series A financing round from TPG Growth.
On the M&A side, we saw two large acquisitions – ClickSoftware Technologies and Corindus. ClickSoftware Technologies, a provider of workforce and service management software products and solutions, was acquired by Salesforce for $1.35 Billion. Corindus, a company developing and commercializing remote robotic systems for interventional procedures, was acquired by Siemens Healthineers for $1.1 Billion.
August 2019 Investment Highlights
- AntiShock, a medical device startup which utilizes state-of-the-art technology to develop non-invasive continuous monitoring devices assessing the flow in blood vessels to help physicians optimize administered fluid dosage in a personalized fashion, has received $2.1 Million in seed funding, mostly from Israel’s Innovation Authority granting $1.8 million.
- MyPart, an AI-driven gaming platform allowing for instant discovery of songwriting talent from around the globe and maximizing revenue for music publishers by pinpointing long forgotten gems in their catalogs, has received $1.3 Million in seed funding, mostly from Abbey Road Red Accelerator.
- Tulou, a provider of smart solutions to transform products into shared services within the building in order to encourage responsible consumption, promote energy efficiency and reduce the cost of living in the city, has received $0.75 Million in seed funding with the participation of private Investors, among them MIT Sloan.
- Veoli, the developer of a unique inhaler that enables patients to consume cannabis oil in an accurate dosage has received $0.65 Million in a Seed funding round participated by Sanara Ventures and Merchavia Holdings.
- CivDrone, a construction tech startup aiming to revolutionize land surveying by using a custom-made staking mechanism controlled by autopilot algorithm and data management software, has received $0.5 Million in seed funding, led by FF Venture Capital.
- MDI Health, a provider of an AI powered platform allowing decision support tools for personalized drug treatments, has received $0.5 Million in seed funding from Jumpspeed and other private investors.
- AU10TIX, a developer and implementer of automated capture solutions, authentication, validation and generation of digital records for identifying documents such as passports, identity cards, driving licenses etc., has received $60 Million in a Series A financing round from TPG Growth.
- Homeis, a developer of a software platform that assists immigrants, has received $12 Million in a Series A financing round co-led by Spark Capital and Canaan Partners.
- SofWave, a developer of an ultrasound technology platform for non-invasive skin tightening treatment closed $8.4 Million in a Series A financing round co-led by Shimon Eckhouse and XT Hi-Tech Investments.
- Rookout, a provider of debugging solutions that collects data on-demand from live codes and pipelines them immediately to any destination, such as alerting and monitoring tools, has received $8 Million in a Series A financing round led by Cisco Investments.
- Anzu, an in-game advertising platform that brings ads into video gaming and esports, closed $6.5 Million in a Series A financing round led by BITKRAFT Esports Ventures.
- Salaryo, a company allowing workspaces being more accessible for tenants by avoiding traditional office security deposits, has received $5.5 Million in a Series A financing round with the participation of Michael Ullmann.
- Versatile Natures, a provider of a patent-pending AI and IoT platform which supports construction managers with real-time, actionable insights, closed $5.5 Million in a Series A financing round led by Robert Bosch Venture.
- Airbud, a voice platform that allows enterprises to easily add voice capabilities to their websites and mobile apps, has received $4 Million in a Series A financing round led by Hanaco VC.
- TriEye, a startup that developed an HD shortwave infrared (SWIR) camera solving the low-visibility challenge for ADAS and AV, has received $2 Million in Series A funding led by Porsche Ventures.
- BC Bike, the provider of an electric-hydraulic drive-train system with continuous and automatic transmission which creates a smooth riding experience, has received $1.4 million in a Series A funding round led by Fundit (an Angel Club / Group).
- Ginger Bit, the provider of a custom-tailored international travel insurance for Hi-Tech companies and employees in Israel and abroad, has received $1.3 Million in a Series A financing round from Private Investors.
- Comunix (Pokerface), the developer of an all-in-one video, voice, and text chat technology for game companies, has received $1 Million from private investors.
- Convizit, the provider of an autonomous insight-generation solution which enables companies to easily leverage behavioral data for tangible business benefits, has received $1 Million in Series A funding led by Pitango.
- Zendrive, a provider of actionable insights that improve safety for passengers and drivers by leveraging mobile sensors data, has received $37 Million in a Series B funding round led by XL Innovate.
- MDClone, a provider of a new healthcare data paradigm, enabling fast and direct access to healthcare data while fully protecting patient’s privacy, has received $26 Million in Series B funding led by aMoon.
- Axonius, a cybersecurity asset management platform that provides organizations with complete visibility and automated policy validation on all assets, devices, and users, closed $20 Million in a Series B funding round led by OpenView.
- CropX, an ag-analytics company that has developed an advanced adaptive irrigation service, which automatically optimizes irrigation, thereby delivering crop yield increases and water and energy cost savings to farms, has received $10 Million in a Series B funding round with the participation of OurCrowd, Germin8 Ventures, Finistere Ventures and others.
- Cybereason, a provider of endpoint protection, offering endpoint detection and response, next-generation antivirus, managed monitoring and IR services, has received $200 Million in a growth round led entirely by Softbank Group.
- JoyTunes, a provider of an app which combines education methods and sound recognition with a patented MusicSense Acoustic Engine (making it easier to learn how to play musical instruments), has received $25 Million in a Series C funding round led by Qumra Capital.
- WSC Sports, a provider of an innovative workflow automation solution for sports media-right owners (and iAngels portfolio company), has received $23 Million in a Series C financing round led by O.G. Tech Ventures with the participation of iAngels.
- Weebit Nano, a provider of a memory technology of flash through innovative sources, has received $1.7 Million funding from private investors.
M&A and IPOs
- ClickSoftware Technologies, a provider of workforce and service management software products and solutions, was acquired by Salesforce for $1.35 Billion.
- Corindus, a company developing and commercializing remote robotic systems for interventional procedures, was acquired by Siemens Healthineers for $1.1 Billion.
- Modelity, the provider of a flexible platform for financial modeling and portfolio analytics, was acquired by Lucht Probst Associates for $30 Million.
- S&W Media, a digital marketing services provider, was acquired by Bright Mountain Media for $23.5 Million.
- Gardia Medical, the developer of catheter-based delivery systems that easily integrate with the standard workflow of stenting and other cardiovascular intervention procedures, was acquired by Cardiovascular Systems for $17 Million.
- Odoro, an optimizer of patient engagement, was acquired by Novolog for $5.4 Million.
- Inmode, a global provider of innovative, energy-based, minimally and non-invasive medical solutions, raised $70 Million through an IPO.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning in to our Israel Deal Digest. If you’d like to receive a version direct to your inbox, please subscribe below.
Massimo is an analyst in the iAngels Investment Team and brings experience in investments and asset management. Massimo is passionate about technology and innovation, meeting with the greatest minds and ideas of talented entrepreneurs looking to make an impact. At iAngels, Massimo focuses on seed and series A investments and has built special expertise around FinTech.