Welcome to the iAngels Monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This November we tracked 36 announced deals totaling $875 million, and 4 acquisitions totaling $200 million. IT & Enterprise Software was the leading sector for this month with TripActions raising $154m in a third round, Habana Labs a company that is developing processors optimized for artificial intelligence applications raising $75m, SAManage and SysAid, both companies raised $30m in a growth round. Another sector that we should highlight is semiconductors and autonomous cars. Valens, a company developing technology for vehicle connectivity raised $63m, and Adasky, a startup developing high-resolution thermal sensors for autonomous cars raised $20 million.
Read on for the full scoop!
November 2018 Investment Highlights
Series Seed Rounds
- Aquant, a startup that develops and markets machine learning software that mines historical data for insights that can shorten machinery downtime, has raised a $10 million seed round, led by Lightspeed Venture with the participation of New York-based World Trade Ventures and SilverTech Ventures.
- Quantum Machines, a software developer that has the potential to reduce computing time for complex problems, has raised $5.5 million in a seed round led by TLV Partners, Battery Ventures LP also participated.
- Portshift, a new identity-based cloud security startup, has raised $5.3 million in seed investment from the Israeli cybersecurity foundry Team8 LLC.
- Darillium, a company that develops cloud platforms designed to optimize workload deployment, has raised a $2 million seed round led by Hanaco Ventures with the participation of JANVEST Capital Partners.
Series A Rounds
- Securitize, A startup that offers a platform for managing blockchain-based digital securities has raised $12.75 million in a series A funding round led by Blockchain Capital.
- KidneyCure, a biotech startup developing cell-therapy technology for treating advanced chronic kidney disease, has raised a $4 million round, led by Aurum Ventures.
- SAM, a software company that protects home networks and the devices connected to them, has raised $12 million in a series A round led by Intel Capital, with the participation of Blumberg Capital.
- OzCode, a startup that develops a debugging and code analysis platform that works on the Microsoft Azure cloud environment, has completed a $3.5 million funding round led by Rafael Advanced Defense System Venture Capital Arm with the participation of TPY Capital fund.
- Duality, an encrypted data collaboration startup, raised $4 million in funding led by cyber think tank Team8.
- Lumi, a lending.. raised a 6.5$ million round led by the Josh Liberman Investment Group.
- Alcide, a cloud-native security leader that empowers DevOps and security teams to manage applications, has closed a $7 million series A round led by CE Ventures, with the participation of existing investors Intel Capital and Elron Electronic Industries Ltd.
- Cognigo, a company that develops an artificial intelligence-based platform that helps organizations manage and protect critical data and achieve compliance with privacy regulations, has raised $8.5 million in series A round led by OurCrowd, with the participation of Prosegur Compañia de Seguridad SA and Mind Ventures.
Series B Rounds
- Taranis, a company that uses deep-learning technology and agronomic understanding to offer insights that create a more sustainable farming ecosystem, has closed a $20 million Series B round, led by Viola Ventures, with the participation of Finistere Ventures, Vertex Ventures, and OurCrowd.
- Lightricks, a company that develops powerful tools to reinvent the way content is created, has secured $60 million in a funding round led by Insight Venture Partners with the participation from Claltech.
- Habana Labs, a company that is developing processors optimized for artificial intelligence applications, has closed a $75 million funding round led by Intel Capital, with the participation of WRV Capital, Battery Ventures and Bessemer Venture Partners.
- Adasky, a startup that develops a high-resolution thermal sensor for autonomous vehicles, has raised $20 million from a Korean-listed car parts manufacturer Sungwoo.
- XM Cyber, a company founded by former Mossad head that develops a fully automated advanced persistent threat simulation platform, has closed a $22 million round led by Macquarie Capital and Nasdaq Ventures.
- Guardian Optical Technologies, a company that provides 2D, 3D, and motion analysis in the vehicle to protect drivers and passengers, has raised $2.5 million from Union Ventures and B&E Equities.
- Overwolf, a company that developed a platform that enables third-party developers to create modifications to existing PC games, which are then available through Overwolf’s app store, has raised $16 million in a funding round led by Intel Capital.
- ConTIPI Medical has developed non-surgical and disposable vaginal solutions for women with Pelvic Floor Disorders, has completed a $3 million round led by existing investors, Capital Point and New Pharm.
- Fraugster, a startup that uses artificial intelligence to prevent fraud for online retailers, has raised $14 million in a series B funding, led by CommerzVentures.
- Raycatch, a startup developing artificial intelligence-based diagnostics and optimization software for the solar energy market, has raised $4.5 million round, led by Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Sharegain, a startup that offers a marketplace where the holders of stocks and other securities can loan their assets to investors, has raised $5 million led by Blumberg Capital, with the participation of Target Global and Rhodium.
- CreditPlace, a peer-to-peer debt trading startup that developed a digital platform to facilitate transparent debt trading, has raised $8 million in a funding round led by OM2 Ventures.
- OpenLegacy, a startup that delivers fast, powerful and flexible digital services from virtually any legacy backed-end or proprietary application that allows organizations to connect up easily with digital apps, has closed a $30 million financing round led by Silverhorn Investment Advisors with the participation of CommerzVentures.
- Valens, a company that is developing HDBaseT technology for the audiovisual and automotive markets and chipsets that simplify in-vehicle connectivity, has raised $63 million from Linse Capital and Oppenheimer Asset Management.
- SysAid, a company that develops an IT service for management software that integrates multiple help desk tools, has closed a $30 million round, led by Israel Growth Partners Ltd.
- Medi-Tate, a medical devices company that has developed a product for the treatment of benign prostate tumors, has raised $20 million from Japanese medical devices company Olympus.
- Votiro, a company developing enterprise software that automatically scans and cleans each file sent or shared via email, and content collaboration platforms and USB drives, has closed an $8 million round led by Senetas Corporation.
- Nyxoah, a startup that developed a medical device for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea, a sleep disorder characterized by repeated shallow or paused breathing during sleep, has raised $15 million in a funding round led by Cochlear Ltd.
- Samanage, a cloud-based company that provides computing services to corporate IT departments, has completed a $30 million Series D funding round, led by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital with the participation of Viola Ventures, Vintage Investment Partners and Gemini Israel Ventures.
- PolyPid, a company that develops encapsulating drug delivery technology that enables extended and localized release in the body, has raised $15 million led by Xenia Venture Capital Ltd.
- Mapi Pharma, a company that focuses on developing more efficient versions of existing successful drugs, has raised $10 million from China’s Jingxin Pharm.
- Hippo, a company that analyzes data from municipal buildings records, satellite imagery, and smart home devices to enable customers to get a quote and qualify for coverage, has raised a $70 million series C round, led by Felicis Ventures.
- Velox, a company that develops and manufactures industrial-grade direct-to-shape digital decoration products for rigid containers, has raised $32 million round led by JAL Ventures.
- TripActions, a company that provides corporate travel platform that integrates with company HR and expense system, has raised $154 million round with a valuation of more than $1 billion, the round was led by Andreessen Horowitz.
M&A and IPOs
- Nutrino, a company that uses existing databases and research to create personalized nutrition recommendations, was acquired by Medtronic, one of the world’s largest medical device companies, for an estimated amount of $100 million.
- Amimon, a company that develops chipsets and modules for real-time wireless video transmission, was acquired by Vitec Group, a manufacturer of camera supports, for a reported amount of $55 million.
- Javelin Networks, an Ai and cyber security software development organization, was acquired by Symantec, a global leader company that provides cybersecurity software and services, member of the S&P 500, for an estimated amount of $25 million.
- NooBaa, a software-driven company that enables agility, flexibility and hybrid cloud capabilities, was acquired by RedHat, a company that was acquired by IBM for $34 billion, for an estimated amount of $20 million.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning in to our Israel Deal Digest. If you’d like to receive a version direct to your inbox, please subscribe below.
[contentblock id=9 img=gcb.png]