Welcome to the iAngels Monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This July we tracked 34 announced investment rounds totaling $673 million, and 5 exits totaling $1.235 billion, including the acquisition of Datorama by SalesForce for $850 million and the acquisition of RedKix by Facebook for a reported $100 million.
This was Also a good month for iAngels portfolio with the announcement of the investments in Skyline, PlainID, Arbe Robotics and Octopai, as well as the acquisition of Zooz by PayU for up to $80 million.
Read on for the full scoop!
July 2018 Investment Highlights
- NewStem, a developer of a novel precision-medicine technology that can increase chemotherapy’s effectiveness, has closed a $4 million seed financing from a publicly-traded US-based company to be named NovelStem International Corp.
- ZecOps, a cybersecurity automation company developing products for law enforcement agencies, banks, and critical infrastructure, has closed a $3.5 million Seed round led by Rotterdam-based KPN Ventures, with participation from Evolution Equity Partners, Plug and Play Silicon Valley, WISE Ventures, and Array Ventures.
- Proggio, a company providing project management solution, has raised a $2 million investment round led by Mangrove Capital Partners.
- Bllush, a content engine for fashion & interior design retailers, has raised a $1.2 million investment round from Leta Capital and a number of local angels.
- PlantArcBio, a developer of a new approach for genetic improvement of plants, has raised a $3 million financing round from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Series A Rounds
- AnyVision, a facial recognition technology developer that is used by HLS/police, airports, sports/entertainment, smart cities, critical infrastructure, banks, Etc. has raised a $28 million financing round led by Bosch, the German multinational technology group.
- Viz.ai, a company that uses artificial intelligence to analyze CT scans in order to help doctors diagnose and treat strokes, has completed a $21 million financing round led by Kleiner Perkins with participation from Google’s GV fund and previous investors, among them Innovation Endeavors, Dror Berman, Jerry Yang; and Danhua Capital, controlled by Alibaba founder Jack Ma.
- Skyline AI, a developer of a real estate investment platform that uses artificial intelligence to outperform commercial real est-ate investment benchmarks, has raised an $18 million financing round led by Sequoia Capital and TLV Partners with participation from iAngels and JLL Spark.
- Radiflow, a developer of cybersecurity products for large industrial enterprises, has closed an $18 million financing round led by Singapore Technologies Engineering Ventures (ST Engineering) with participation from Radiflow’s existing investors, including Zohar Zisapel.
- Toka, a developer of cybersecurity solution for governmental agencies and law enforcement, has raised a $12.5 million investment round from investors including Andreessen Horowitz; Entrée Capital; Dell Technologies Capital; Launch Capital; and Ray Rothrock, CEO of cyber analytics firm RedSeal.
- Planck Re, a startup that wants to simplify insurance underwriting with artificial intelligence, has raised a $12 million financing round led by Arbor Ventures, with participation from Viola FinTech and Eight Roads.
- PlainID, a developer of an authorization management platform has raised $11 million financing round led by Viola Ventures, with participation from Capri Ventures, Springtide Ventures, and iAngels.
- CyberMDX, a cybersecurity solution providing visibility and threat prevention for medical devices and clinical networks has closed a $10 million Series A financing round led by Pitango Venture Capital, with participation from OurCrowd Qure.
- Aurora Labs, a company that has created predictive tools that will automatically fix problems with software in cars, has raised $8.4 million in a Series A round of financing led by Fraser McCombs Capital.
- Trigo Vision, a company developing retail automation solution that captures customers’ shopping items during their in-store journey, eliminating the need for a checkout process, has announced a $7 million seed funding round by led by UK-Israel based Hetz Ventures and Vertex Ventures Israel.
- Octopai, a company that automatically manages and maps metadata collected across a company’s various information systems, has raised a $4.5 million funding round led by North First Ventures with participation from iAngels, Gefen Capital, as well as existing investors Moneta Seeds and Club100 Plus.
- Nobio, a company that develops bacteria-resistant materials for the medical devices and dental health markets, has raised $3.5 million financing round led by the aMoon fund, together with private investor. Dr. Ole Jensen, a cofounder of ClearChoice Holdings chain of US dental clinics, sold to Sun Capital Partners.
- OrthoSpin, a developer of a smart, robotic external fixation system for orthopedic treatments has closed a $3 million investment round led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation.
- SpaceIQ, a workplace management company, has raised a $2.5 million, investment round from Vertex Ventures, San Francisco-based venture capital firms Xplorer Capital and Bullpen Management.
- Materials.Zone, a blockchain-based system that allows scientists, labs, and academic worldwide to collaborate and share data regarding new lab-made materials raised $1 million from Sarona Ventures.
Series B Rounds
- Next Insurance, an online insurance platform providing tailored offerings to small businesses, has raised $83 million in a series B round of funding led by Redpoint Ventures, with participation from insurance giants such as Munich Re and Nationwide Insurance, as well as American Express Ventures, Ribbit Capital, TLV Ventures, and Zeev Ventures.
- ObserveIT, a cyber defense system against threats from within a company, has closed a $33 million financing round from NightDragon Security, Spring Lake Equity Partners, and Bain Capital Ventures.
- Dremio, a company offering tools that help streamline and curate enterprise data, has raised a $30 million investment round led by Cisco Investments, with participation fro other investors.
- Reali, a real estate platform that replaces traditional real estate transaction fees with a flat-fee model, has raised a $20 million Series B funding round led by Zeev Ventures, with participation from Signia Venture Partners and other investors.
- Siemplify, a security orchestration platform, announced that it has raised $14 million in Series B financing round led by Jump Capital, and joined by existing investors G20 Ventures and 83North.
- Vectorious Medical Technologies, which developed a miniature implant for left-atrial monitoring to detect heart failure, has extended their round raised in March with an additional $2 million investment from Fresenius Medical investment arm.
- Trax Image Recognition, a provider of an in-store execution, market intelligence and data science solutions for retailers, has raised a $125 million financing round (at an $850 million valuation) led by Boyu Capital, one of China’s largest investment funds and UK media company DC Thomson. Some of the funds will be used to buy shares from previous investors.
- Mantis Vision, a high-definition 3D content company, has raised a $55 million Series D financing round led by Luenmei Quantum Co. Ltd., a new investor in Mantis Vision, and Samsung Catalyst Fund, an existing shareholder of the company.
- Monday.com, the team and project management tool formerly known as Dapulse, has raised $50 million in a series C round of funding led by Stripes Group, with participation from Insight Venture Partners and Entrée Capital.
- ThetaRay, a company that uses artificial intelligence to help financial institutions, cybersecurity divisions, and critical infrastructure “become more resilient” to threats like risk management, money laundering schemes, fraud, and operational issues, has closed a $30 million in a funding round led by Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP), GE, Bank Hapoalim, OurCrowd, SVB Investments, and others.
- EyeView, a company that enables brands to deliver sophisticated 1-to-1 video solutions, raised $20 million in equity and debt financing round from Gemini Israel Ventures, Qumra Capital, Innovation Endeavors, Nauta Capital, and Israel Secondary Fund.
- Windward, a maritime risk management solution, has raised a $16.5 million Series C financing round led by US insure-tech fund XL Innovate,with participation from existing investors including Chinese billionaire Li Ka-shing’s Horizon Ventures fund and the Aleph Fund, as well as private investors such as Salesforce founder, chairperson, and CEO Marc Benioff.
- BlueVine, of the leading FinTech players in online small business lending, has raised another $12 million from new investors M12, Microsoft’s venture fund, and the venture arm of insurance and financial services provider Nationwide.
- Arbe Robotics, which has developed a high-resolution radar sensor for autonomous vehicles, has closed a $10 million funding round led by 360 Capital Partners, a European venture capital fund, with participation from existing investors Canaan Partners, iAngels, Taya Ventures, OurCrowd, and Eyal Ofer’s OG Tech Ventures.
M&A and IPOs
- U.S. sales and marketing software company Salesforce (CRM.N) has acquired Datorama, an Israeli cloud-based artificial intelligence marketing platform with over 3k customers, for a reported $850 million.
- Facebook, has acquired Redkix, for an estimated $100 million. Redkix has developed an email platform that serves as an enterprise application streamlining an organization’s email chat.
- UK data security company Mimecast (Nasdaq: MIME) has acquired Israeli cybersecurity company Solebit, which provides a fast, accurate and computationally efficient approach for the identification and isolation of zero-day malware and unknown threats, for $88 million in cash.
- PayU, the payments division of Naspers, has acquired the payments technology platform ZOOZ. for an estimated $80 million.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning in to our Israel Deal Digest. If you’d like to receive a version direct to your inbox, please subscribe below.