Welcome to the iAngels Monthly Deal Digest, a summary of corporate developments in the Israeli startup market.
This October we tracked 36 announced deals totaling approximately $480 Million, and 6 exits totaling $402 Million.
FinTech and MedTech were the leading sectors this month. Next Insurance, a company that provides coverage for entrepreneurs and small businesses, using artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to tailor insurance policies to its customers, has raised $250 Million in a growth round from Munich Re Ventures. Rapyd, a company that developed a payment service that enables the transfer of electronic funds across borders through bank transfers, digital wallets, cash and other means of payment, completed a $100 Million Series C funding round led by Oak HC/FT Partners along with participation of Entree Capital Israel, General Catalyst, Ignia, Stripe, Target Global, Tiger Global and private investors.
On the M&A side, we saw two larger acquisitions both in the MedTech field – Eximo Medical and Av Medical. Eximo Medical, a company that developed a laser-based catheter device used for the treatment of occlusive peripheral arterial disease (PAD), was acquired by AngioDynamic Inc for $46 Million. Av Medical, a company that developed catheters for dialysis patients undergoing routine angioplasty procedures, was acquired by Medtronic PLC for $30 Million.
October 2019 Investment Highlights
- Hi Auto, a company that is developing audio-visual speech enhancement that eliminates the most challenging noises, closed $4.5 Million in seed funding from Allied Holdings, Goldbell Investments, Plug & Play and a private investor.
- Flip Fit, a social shopping platform blending the power of social media with the buying appeal of e-commerce, has received $3.75 Million in seed funding, led by a private investor, loll and TLV Partners Fund.
- Hunterz, a global freelancing platform that connects vendors with enterprises, utilizing individuals within the organizations, has raised $3 Million in seed funding led by ICONYC, a private investor and TLV Partners Fund.
- Castor, a company that provides a support system to fully utilize the benefits of industrial 3D printing, has raised $2 Million led by Evonik Venture Capital.
- RetiSpec, a medical imaging company developing a tool for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease biomarkers in the eye, has received $0.5 Million from the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Founders including an R&D grant.
- Duality, a company developing innovative technology to empower Secure Digital Analytic Collaboration applying advanced analyses and Artificial Intelligence to data while it is encrypted, closed $16 Million in Series A funding led by Intel Capital with the participation of Hearst Ventures and Team8.
- Future Meat, a biotechnology company advancing a distributive manufacturing platform for the cost-efficient, non-GMO production of meat directly from animal cells, without raising or harvesting animals, has raised $14 Million in a Series A financing round. The round was led by S2G Ventures with the participation of Agrinnovation VC, Bits x Bites, Emerald Technology Ventures, HB Ventures, Manta Ray Ventures, Neto Group, Tyson Ventures and a private investor.
- Firedome, developing a software-only solution for IoT manufacturers to protect their device fleets, raised $10 Million in a Series A financing round led by Two Sigma with the participation of WTV, SilverTech Ventures and private investors.
- Become, an iAngels portfolio company, which nurtures businesses throughout the funding cycle, has raised $10 Million in Series A funding co-led by Benson Oak Ventures and Magenta Venture Partners Fund alongside the fund participation of iAngels Crowd, Entree Capital Israel and RIO.
- Mogimo Inc. (HYPR), a data-driven influencer marketing platform letting brands and agencies strategize, manage and scale their influencer campaigns, has raised $8 Million in a Series A financing round from Bank Mizrahi Tefahot, Klingenstein, Fields & Co, Sapir Venture Partners, SilverTech Ventures, Star Farm Ventures and WTV.
- Waycare, a company enabling cities to take full control of their roads by harnessing in-vehicle information and municipal traffic data for predictive insights and proactive management optimization, closed $7.3 Million in a Series A financing round led by SJF Ventures and with the participation of Goldbell Investment, Innogy Innovation Hub Israel, Janom, Next Gear Fund, Spider Capital, UpWest and Zymestic Solutions.
- Tonkean, a company developing a business intelligence solution for discovering business insights, has raised $7.2 Million in a Series A financing round by Foundation Capital, Magma and Slow Ventures.
- Axilion, a company that harnesses AI technology that transforms traffic signals into a dynamic and adaptive traffic network, has raised $6 Million in Series A funding by private investors.
- Workiz, a company that creates a simple solution for managing service businesses from any device, allowing scheduling and job management with an easy to use calendar, raised $5 Million in Series A financing led by Magenta Venture Partners Fund along with Aleph and TMT Investments.
- The Jones Agency, a company developing an insurance management software platform for commercial real estate companies, closed $4.6 Million in a Series A financing round by 500 Startups, Ground Up Ventures, Hetz Ventures, JLL Spark, MetaProp Ventures, WeWork and private investors.
- SafeHouse Technologies, a proactive military-grade security company that developed core technology in the cloud which acts as a filter between the user and the Internet, has raised $2.84 Million in Series A funding led by Barclays Ventures with the participation of TechStars.
- Viridix, a company that helps farmers make data-driven decisions by gathering data at multiple locations in the field and uploading it to the cloud for further analysis, raised $2.35 Million in Series A funding led by the Israel-Colorado Innovation Fund alongside with AltalR Capital and other private investors.
- Voca.ai, a company developing a human-friendly agent that reduces the size and costs of call centers while increasing customer satisfaction, has received $0.9 Million in a Series A financing round by Amex Ventures.
- Fabric, a company that specializes in establishing robotic logistics centers for streamlining goods delivery, has raised $110 Million in Series B financing led by Corner Ventures with the participation of Aleph, CPPIB, Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Microsoft ScaleUp, Playground Global LLC, Temasek Holdings and private investors.
- Adicent Bio, a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company engaged in the development of immunotherapies for cancer and other diseases, has raised $80 Million in Series B financing from aMoon, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis Venture Fund, OrbiMed, Pontifax, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Samsung Ventures.
- Viz Ai, a company using artificial intelligence and deep learning algorithms to analyze medical data and detect large vessel occlusion strokes and improve medical workflow, has received $50 Million in a Series B financing round led by Greenoaks Capital and in participation of AME Cloud Ventures, CRV, DHVC, GV, KPCB, Innovation Endeavors, Susa, Techammer, Threshold Ventures and a private investor.
- Upstream Security, a company that develops cloud-based security technologies that offer data protection, anomaly detection and real-time analytics against cyberattacks on connected cars, raised $30 Million in Series B financing led by Alliance Ventures along with the participation of CRV, Glilot Capital, Hyundai Autoever, Maniv Mobility, Nationwide Ventures and Volvo Cars Tech Fund.
- Stampli, a cloud-based interactive invoice management software that streamlines the entire accounts payable process by fixing the communication breakdown, has received $25 Million in Series B funding led by SignalFire and with the further participation of Bloomberg Beta, Hilsven, NextWorld and UpWest.
- ControlRad, a company working to reduce radiation exposure during fluoroscopy has picked up $15 Million in Series B financing led by Questa Capital and with the participation from Jennison Associates, Mendham and private investors.
- Folloze, a prospect engagement platform in which sellers and marketers can rapidly build and share content capturing key analytics about their buyers’ interests, raised $11 Million in a Series B financing round led by BGV, with participation from Canvas Ventures, Cervin Ventures, Grayhawk Ventures, NEA, TriplePoint Ventures and SVB.
- OpenLegacy, a company accelerating the legacy API integration from 6 months to hours, raised $10 Million in a Series B financing round led by Silverhorn Investments, with participation from C. Entrepreneurs, Commerz Ventures, Leumi Partners, OG Tech, PRYTEK and RDC.
- 3DSignals, a company developing software that uses sensors to monitor the performance of industrial equipment and provides real-time diagnostics and insights, raised $8.5 Million in a Series B financing round led by Mercura Capital, with participation from DIVE digital, Dor Engineering, Grove Ventures and State of Mind Ventures.
- Talenya, a company that has developed bots powered by AI, which serve as virtual recruiters for open talent roles from hundreds of online sources, raised $6.5 Million in Series B financing led by Ibex Israel Fund and participation of Gal Ventures and lool.
- DayTwo, a company that has developed a microbiome human discovery platform that offers a glycemic control solution for people with type II diabetes, has raised $5 Million in Series B financing led by Longliv Ventures and with the participation of Cathay Innovation and Samsung NEXT.
- Paygilant, a fraud protection company for mobile payments, raised $0.75 Million from Connecticut Innovations as part of a larger investment round being raised in this period.
- EyeControl, a company creating an innovative communication device for individuals who suffer from complete paralysis, received $0.75 Million from Connecticut Innovations as winners of VentureClash Global Challenge.
- Next Insurance, a company that provides coverage for entrepreneurs and small businesses, using artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to tailor insurance policies to its customers, has raised $250 Million in a growth round from Munich Re Ventures.
- Rapyd, a company that develops a payment service that enables the transfer of electronic funds across borders through bank transfers, digital wallets, cash and other means of payment, completed a $100 Million Series C funding round led by Oak HC/FT Partners alongside the participation of Entree Capital Israel, General Catalyst, Ignia, Stripe, Target Global, Tiger Global and private investors.
- Namogoo, a company developing a customer hijacking prevention technology which identifies and blocks unauthorized ads injected into consumer web sessions, raised a $40 Million Series C financing led by Oak HC/FT Partners with the participation of 83North, Adler Chomski, Blumberg Capital, Founders Guild, GreatPoint Ventures, Hanaco VC, Inimiti, PICO Partners, Synapse Partners and Tectonic Capital.
- Idomoo, a company offering a complete suite of tools for creating, displaying and distributing data-driven customized videos, closed $18 Million co-led by Disruptive Technologies Fund and Target Global and with the participation of GEOC and other private investors.
- Tactile Mobility, a company leveraging augmented visual sensing to feed automotives’ onboard computers with actionable insights to optimize driving decisions in real-time, raised $9 Million with the participation of Porsche Ventures, BM Holdings, New York Angels, Union Tech Ventures and private investors.
- Gordian Surgical, a commercial-stage medical service company with growing international sales for its TroClose1200, a port access-closure system that offers surgeons a simple, secure and safe solution to open and close the abdominal wall during laparoscopic produces, closed a $3 Million growth round from B.Braun, Pirveli, VI Ventures and private investors.
M&A and IPOs
- Eximo Medical, a company that develops a laser-based catheter device used for the treatment of occlusive peripheral arterial disease (PAD), was acquired by AngioDynamic Inc for $46 Million.
- Av Medical, a company that develops catheters for dialysis patients undergoing routine angioplasty procedures, was acquired by Medtronic PLC for $30 Million.
- Chameleonx, an ad-tech security startup that develops the next generation of ad serving security technology, was acquired by Akamai for $25 Million.
- Presenso, a company that develops predictive machine learning algorithms designed to anticipate industrial machine failures, was acquired by SKF for $35 Million.
- RMDY Health, a leading provider of collaborative digital therapeutics SaaS solutions for the healthcare industry was acquired by OptimizeRx for approximately $16 Million.
- Outbrain, a leading content discovery platform that powers personalized recommendations to content at the bottom of article pages on most of the leading publisher websites online, was acquired by Taboola for $250 Million.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning in to our Israel Deal Digest. If you’d like to receive a version direct to your inbox, please subscribe below.
Massimo is an analyst in the iAngels Investment Team and brings experience in investments and asset management. Massimo is passionate about technology and innovation, meeting with the greatest minds and ideas of talented entrepreneurs looking to make an impact. At iAngels, Massimo focuses on seed and series A investments and has built special expertise around FinTech.