Welcome to the iAngels Monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This June we tracked 38 announced investment rounds totaling $841 million, and 2 exits totaling $317 million, including the acquisition of EPD by Philips in a deal that could potentially reach up to $530M, based on milestone payments.
This month we are also closing the first half of 2018 with a total of $2,446 million invested in Israeli startups, including $427 million invested in Cyber, $344 million invested in Fintech and $192 million invested in Autonomous cars and mobility startups.
Read on for the full scoop!
June 2018 Investment Highlights
- Brook, a company developing a personal health assistant, raised $4 million in a Seed round from a group of investors.
- Ride Vision, a developer of a collision avoidance technology for bikes, has raised $2.5 million Seed round led by YL Ventures.
- Roomors, a Co-Living Startup offering fully furnished rooms in shared apartments, raised $2 million in a debt financing round led by Thayer Street Partners.
- Cyabra, a company protecting brands and public identities against online disinformation threats (Fake news), has raised $1 million seed round led by TAU Ventures.
- Paidit, a developer of an automatic digital online catering platform, has raised $1 million seed round led by Madgera fund with participation from Udi Hillman and a number of kibbutzim.
Series A Rounds
- Cyberbit Ltd., a Cybersecurity company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Israeli defense contractor Elbit Systems Ltd. has raised $30 million from private equity investor Claridge Israel L.P.
- Tevva Motors, a provider of electric powertrain solutions for Commercial Vehicles & buses, has raised $15.7 million series A round from Bharat Forge.
- Hailo, a developer of deep learning chips for embedded devices, has raised a $12 million investment round from OurCrowd, Maniv Mobility, Next Gear, and a number of angel investors, including Hailo’s own chairman Zohar Zisapel.
- Silverfort, a company developing multi-factor authentication technology, has raised a $11.5 million financing round led by TLV Partners with participation from existing investors StageOne Ventures and Singtel Innov8.
- Beyeonics Surgical, a company developing Augmented/Virtual Reality vision capabilities replace surgical microscopes, raised $11.5 million from an undisclosed group of investors.
- DocAuthority, a developer of an AI-based data identification platform that detects unprotected documents, has raised a $10 million investment round led by Raine Ventures with participation from Greycroft, ff Venture Capital, Differential VC, 2B Angels, and Plus Ventures.
- Photomyne, an A.I.-powered app that helps you bring your old photo prints online, has raised $5 million in Series A funding led by Maor, a Luxembourg-based tech fund.
- Arbitrip, an enterprise solution for travel costs reduction and Management., has raised a $4 million investment round from Teddy Sagi group.
- Cappitech, a developer of compliance and regulation technology for banks, brokers and asset managers, has raised $4 million in a Series A financing round led by 83North and joined by the cofounders of Markit.
- Prifender, an automated data privacy regulation platform has closed a $5 million investment round led by Firstime VC, with participation from Shaked Ventures and iAngels.
- Edete, a developer of a mechanical pollination system to improve the quantity and quality of fruit orchard yields, has raised a $3 million investment round from Malkia, a kibbutz in northern Israelץ
- Vicarius, a developer of a technology for protecting applications by predicting and eliminating software vulnerabilities, and Mmuze, a developer of voice and text-based conversation bots for businesses, has won JVP startup competition and will receive a $1 million investment each.
- Allium Medical Ltd. (TASE: ALMD), which develops urological stents and a product for prevention of stroke-causing embolisms, has raised a $900k investment round from an undisclosed medical fund.
Series B Rounds
- Claroty, a developer of a cybersecurity solution to protect industrial control networks, has raised a whopping $60 million investment round led by Temasek, with participation from Rockwell Automation, Siemens (Next 47), Schneider Electric (Aster Capital), Envision Ventures, and others, including previous investors.
- BigID, a developer of a solution to secure customers data and meet GDPR regulation, has raised a big $30 million Series B round, which comes on the heels of closing their $14MA investment in January. The round was led by Scale Venture Partners with participation from previous investors ClearSky Security, Comcast Ventures, Boldstart Ventures, Information Venture Partners and SAP.io.
- Yoobic, a solution to track merchandising and marketing operations in a retail store, has raised a $25 million investment round led by Insight Venture Partners, with participation from Felix Capital, which led the startup’s Series A.
- Vi, an Artificial Intelligence Personal Trainer, has raised a $20 million investment round from Joy Ventures, Square Peg Capital, New Era Ventures, Cerca Partners, Triventures, Wellborn Ventures, and FGI Capital Partners.
- Preempt, a provider of identity and access threat prevention that allows enterprises to preempt threats in real time, has raised $17.5 million in a Series B financing round with investments from ClearSky, Blackstone, Intel Capital and General Catalyst.
- Cynet, a developer of cyber detection and response platform, has raised $13-million in a Series B financing round led by Norwest Venture Partners, Shlomo Kramer and returning investor Ibex Investors.
- Orasis Pharmaceuticals, a company developing a solution to replace reading glasses with eye drops, has raised $13 million in a series B round led by led by ophthalmology-focused Visionary Ventures, with participation from Sequoia Capital, SBI Japan-Israel Innovation Ventures, and LifeSci Venture Partners.
- JoyTunes, a music teaching platform, has closed $10 million financing round from Insight Venture Partners, Aleph, and Genesis Partners.
- Codefresh, a platform for devising and deploying CI/CD software, has raised an $8 million B round led by M12, the venture capital fund of Microsoft. Previous investors Hillsven Capital, Viola Ventures, and the CEIF fund also took part.
- TinyTap, an educational game creation platform, has a closed a $5 million funding round led by Aleph venture capital fund and with the participation of previous investors, including Inimiti, Radiant and ReInvent.
- Guardian Optical Technologies, a computer vision startup that aims to develop an in-car platform that improves passing safety, has closed a $3.1 million funding round led by the Toyota-backed Mirai Creation Fund, Goldbell Investments, and Translink Capital.
- Landa Digital Printing, a developer of a digital printing technology called Nanography for the commercial, packaging and publishing markets, has completed a $300 million financing round led by private investment company SKion GmbH and with the participation of previous investor German chemicals group Altana.
- Gett (formerly GetTaxi), an on-demand transportation services, has closed an $80 million financing round at a company valuation of $1.4 billion. All of Gett’s main shareholders participated in the round, including MCI, Baring Vistok, Access, and the Volkswagen group, which has invested $300 million in the company to date.
- BlueVine, a provider of alternative business loans, has closed $60 million in Series E financing round led by Menlo Ventures and including new investors, such as SVB Capital.
- Zebra Medical Vision, a developer of an AI based X-ray analysis has raised $30 million in a Series C financing round led by aMoon Ventures with the participation of strategic healthcare investors Aurum, Johnson & Johnson Innovation JJDC Inc., Intermountain Healthcare, and leading global AI experts Fei Fei Lee and Richard Socher.
- IntSights, a provider of a cyber intelligence and incident mitigation solution has closed a $17 million Series C funding round led by Tola Capital.
- Humavox, a developer of a wireless and flexible charging solution has raised $10 million from Stanley Ventures, a division of tools and storage provider Stanley Black & Decker.
- VisIC Technologies, which has developed efficient power electronics based on Gallium Nitride (GaN) semiconductors, has closed $11.6 million in a Series C financing led by a new investor Birch Investment with participation from existing investors.
- XACT Robotics, which has developed a robot navigational and propulsion needle steering system for surgical tools within the body, has raised a $5 million investment round led by MEDX Ventures Group.
M&A and IPOs
- Royal Philips (NYSE:PHG) has acquired image-guided cardiac arrhythmia treatment dev EPD Solutions for $293 million upfront with a possible additional $246.2 million upon completion of the deal based on certain milestones.
- German multinational corporation Samson AG bought Precognize Inc, a developer of a software that performs statistical analysis to predict failure and disruption in industrial equipment, for an estimated $25 million.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning in to our Israel Deal Digest. If you’d like to receive a version direct to your inbox, please subscribe below.