Welcome to the iAngels monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This month we are closing 2017 with 22 announced deals totaling in $780M, including the $450M raised by Compass and $120M raised by Lemonade.
Read on for the full scoop!
December investment highlights
- Splitty, a Travel tech company the brakes traditional hotel packages and combine several offers to provide cheaper accommodation, has raised a seed round of $2.4M from Techstars Ventures, Techstars Accelerator, AOL, and BIP Capital.
- Shoodoo Analytics, a developer of an Analytics-as-a-Service platform for advanced data and predictive analysis, has raised $550K in a seed financing round from the VLX Ventures technological incubator.
Series A Rounds
- Upstream Security, a cybersecurity platform for connected cars and autonomous vehicles, has raised a $9M financing round led by CRV (Charles River Ventures, with participation from Glilot Capital Partners and Maniv Mobility.
- Earny, a personal assistant who automatically refund your purchases when prices drop, has raised $9M financing round led by Mayfield with participation from Comcast Ventures and Science Inc.
- Ironscales, an automated phishing prevention, detection and response solution has raised a $6.5M financing round led by K1 Investment Management, with participation from existing investor RDC.
- Valooto, a developer of a cloud-based platform for digital sales and customer engagement, has raised a $3M financing round led by Cornerstone Venture Partners, with participation from Shaked Ventures.
- SmartGreen, a developer of a platform that uses machine learning and algorithms to analyze the energy performance of buildings, has raised a $3M financing round from Tedi Sagi.
- Magdent, a developer of a technology that uses electromagnetic fields to stimulate, accelerate and improve bone formation has raised a $1.75M financing round from three angel investors.
- PageSeal, a developer of a cyber solution to protect sites and users from malicious code injections, has raised $1M from Alon Arbov.
Series B Rounds
- Anodot, a company developing anomaly detection for Business Intelligence (BI), has raised a $3M Series A funding round led by Disrupt-ive Partners.
- Bizzabo, an events management platform, has raised another $15M (just 8 months after the last financing round bringing total capital raised to $30M). the round was led by Pilot Growth Equity, with participation from Maor Investments and other investors.
- Graduway, a software for engaging and managing alumni community, has raised $12.7M in funding from Susquehanna Growth Equity (SGE), with participation from Gigi Levy, Massa Innovations, and SaaS Capital.
- ChemomAb, a developer of drugs for the treatment of inflammatory and fibrotic diseases, has raised a $10M financing round led by PayPal founder Peter Thiel (the first external investor in Facebook, and currently a partner in the Founders Fund venture capital fund) and OrbiMed Advisors LLC.
- StemRad, a developer of a unique personal radiation shield for first responders (established after the after the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan), has raised $6M in an investment round led by Tampa Bay Lightning chairman Jeff Vinik.
- Bugatone Ltd., which develops software that enables ordinary headphones to act as sensors, has raised $3M in a round led by China-based electronics company Oppo Electronics Corp.
- Noveto Systems, which develops virtual earphones, has raised $2.5M in its B round from the family fund of Vyacheslav Bresht and Daniel Jammer.
- Compass, A technology-based real estate brokerage, has raised additional $450M from Japanese conglomerate SoftBank, only a month after raising $100M round led by
- Lemonade inc, a company that uses artificial intelligence and bots to minimize paperwork and speed-up the claims process for renters and homeowners, has raised $120M from Softbank.
- Vayyar Imaging, a developer of a 3D imaging sensor has closed a $45M Series C financing round co-led by Walden Riverwood and ITI with additional funding from Claltech and follow-on investments from Battery Ventures, Bessemer Ventures, Israel Cleantech Ventures, and Amiti.
- Atox Bio, a clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel therapies for critically ill patients, has raised a $30M financing round led by Arix Bioscience plc with participation from Adams Street Partners, Asahi Kasei Corporation, and additional investors.
- Leadspace, a developer of lead generation SAAS software, has raised $21M in Series C funding, led by Arrowroot Capital and existing investor Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP).
- Ecoppia, a developer of a unique technology for cleaning solar panels, has raised $13M in its third financing round, led by Harel Insurance Investments with participation from current investors including Swarth, the investment company of Shaul Shani; GlenRock Capital, the investment company of Leon Recanati; and Gandyr, the investment fund of Yehudit Yuval Recanati.
M&A and IPOs
- Drippler, a developer of content recommendations and technical support app designed to help smartphone users to get the most out of their devices, and an iAngels portfolio company, has merged with Soluto, an Israeli support and digital protection service that enables users to contact premier support technicians.
- EXO Technologies, a developer of GPS technology providing high-accuracy solutions for autonomous and connected vehicle applications was acquired by Lear Corporation (NYSE: LEA), a leading global supplier of automotive seating and electrical systems, for an undisclosed amount.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest. If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.