Welcome to the iAngels monthly deal digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This October we tracked 23 announced deals totaling $439M, including one significant round of $150M, closed by Skybox Security, a global leader in analytics solutions for Cybersecurity management.
On the M&A side, we tracked 4 exists, totaling in $796M, with Cybersecurity leading the way with the acquisition of Argus by Continental’s subsidiary, for a reported $430M and the IPO of Forescout, raising $116M at a $816M valuation.
Read on for the full scoop!
October investment highlights
- NewSight Imaging, a developer of Image sensors chips and Spectral analysis devices for industrial and medical applications has raised a $3M seed round led by Tel Aviv Based Chinese-Israeli Company – Vadi Ventures. This investment is a part of China’s strategic goal is to become a major player in the global chip industry, as the Chinese government recently announced that by 2025 the majority of global chip manufacturing will be made in China.
- Hellogrow, a developer of a smart irrigation system that makes it simple for users to grow their own vegetables in their backyard, has raised a $2.4M seed round led by Resolute Venture.
- Waycare, a SaaS-based transportation management platform that leverages a myriad of data sources to help municipalities proactively manage their roads, has raised a $2.3M seed round led by Silicon Valley-based Spider Capital and German-based energy company, Innogy SE.
- WeSki, a platform that provides tailored-made ski holidays has raised a $1M seed round from easyJet, Waze founder Uri Levin and other investors.
- GiftWizard, a gifting solution that enables customers to buy a product as a gift and turns gift recipients into loyal paying customers, has raised a $1M seed round led by Peregrin Ventures with participation from other investors.
- Astral Vision, a developer of a device that upgrades the ride experience on roller coasters with virtual reality experiences, has raised a $1.5M seed round from Clear Future Corporation and Dr. Israel Frieder, former vice president of telecommunication manufacturer ECI Telecom.
- HopOn, a smart mobile ticketing app for public transportation, has raised a $1M seed round from undisclosed investors.
Series A Rounds
- Intezer, a company implementing the concepts of the biological immune system to cybersecurity, has raised an $8M A round led by Intel Capital with co-investors Magma and Samsung NEXT.
- Intelligo Group, a company developing tech that automates background checks, has raised $5.7M in a Series A round led by New York-based investment firm Governing Dynamics and Eileen Murray, Co-CEO at Bridgewater Associates.
- Nanolock Security, a company that specializes in protecting Internet of Things (IoT) devices against cybersecurity and malware attacks, has raised a $4.5M round led by Awz Homeland Security Fund, a Canadian venture capital fund.
- Connatix, a solution for publishers to monetize newer video ad formats like vertical, interactive, 360-degree and live video, has raised a $15M A round led by Volition Capital.
- Myndlift, a developer of therapist-guided neurofeedback solution, has raised a $1M seed round from private investors.
Series B Rounds
- Azura Ophthalmics, a medical solution for dry eye treatment, has raised a $16M Series B round led by a syndicate of OrbiMed, TPG Biotech and Brandon Capital’s Medical Research Commercialization Fund.
- CathWorks , a developer of digital healthcare products for the cardiovascular market, has raised a $15.8M Series B round led by Quark Venture and Triventures.
- BondIT, a company helping investment managers create and optimize bond portfolios, has raised a $14.25M Series B round through a strategic investment from China’s Fosun Group.
- Kryon, a provider of intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA) that improve productivity while eliminating human errors, has raised a $12M Series B round led by Vertex Ventures and Aquiline Technology Growth.
- Skybox Security, Founded in 2002, Skybox builds cybersecurity management software that gives customers comprehensive visibility of their unique attack surface. the company has raised $150 million in a round led by Luxembourg private equity firm CVC Capital Partners which invested $100 million, with participation from Pantheon, which invested $50 million.
- Infinidat, a petabyte-scale data storage solutions that was founded in 2011, has raised a $95M Series C financing round at a $1.6 billion valuation. The round was led by Goldman Sachs Private Capital Investing (PCI) and with a major investment from Series B leader TPG Growth.
- Wibbitz, an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered video creation platform, has raised $20M in Series C funding round led by Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments (BDMI), and with participation from The Weather Channel television network, The Associated Press, TF1 Group, and existing investors including NantMobile, lool Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
- TIPA, a manufacturer of compostable bags and packaging wraps as an alternative to plastic products, has raised a $11M in a Series B funding round led by Austin and Gabriela Hearst of Hearst Corporation, with participation from Horizons Ventures and GreenSoil.
- ASOCS, a provider of an On-Premise Mobile Edge Clouds, has raised $10M round from undisclosed investors.
- mPrest , a developer of monitoring and control software for the Internet of Things (IoT) including “Internet of Energy” software, has raised $10M round from Vector Limited, New Zealand’s largest electricity and gas provider
M&A and IPOs
- Argus, a developer of automotive cyber security solutions, was acquired by Elektrobit, Continental’s software company and a developer of technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility, for a reported $430M.
- ForeScout Technologies, a provider of enterprise security software and Internet-of-Things (IoT) cyber security solutions, has raised $116M in an IPO, valuing the company at $816M.
- Jelly Button, a developer of casual games that attract tens of millions of users, was acquired by Playtika, an Israeli gaming company that was acquired itself by Chinese interest a year ago for $4.4 billion. the acquisition price was not disclosed but estimated in tens of millions.
- SkyGiraffe, a company that offers a no-code platform to help businesses design mobile apps for enterprise systems, was acquired by ServiceNow, a provider of cloud-based solutions for enterprise operations, for a reported $50M.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest. If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.