Greetings from Tel Aviv and welcome to another monthly wrap up! This July we saw $412mm in M&A and $240mm invested, with Security and Safety, Digital Health and Medical, and Education and Knowledge technologies account for 51% of total funding. We also launched our Podcast Series, where we discussed our reflections after investing in 50 companies.
July also saw heavy acquisition activity, with nine companies acquired for $412mm.
- Convert Media, a video adtech company was acquired by Taboola, a leading content recommendation platform, for $100mm.
- Fireblade, a sophisticated next generation website security service, was acquired by StackPath, a well-funded security-as-a-service start-up for $20mm.
- Coolan, an enterprise infrastructure mapping solution, was acquired by Salesforce, a leading in enterprise cloud computing, for an undisclosed sum.
- Arilou, an automotive cyber security company, was acquired by NNG, a navigation solution provider, for $10mm.
- Kifi, a business analytics platform helping employees increase productivity, was acquired by Google, for an undisclosed sum.
- SalesPredict, a company applying predictive analytics to the sales process, was acquired by eBay for $40mm.
- Sling Payments, a payment processor for micro-merchants, was acquired by Avante, a Brazilian micro-credit giant for an undisclosed sum.
- RR Media, a company maximizing the potential of media and entertainment content, was acquired by SES, a world-leading satellite provider, for $242mm.
- PNMsoft, a provider of Business Process Management solutions, was acquired by GenPact, a leader in business process operations, for an undisclosed sum.
This week in particular, another $98mm was invested in Israeli start-ups.
- Engie, a marketplace for automotive repairs and maintenance, raised $3.5mm from Elevator Ventures, OurCrowd, Uri Levine, and others.
- DreaMed Diabetes, a software solution for the treatment and management of Diabetes, raised $3.3mm from Norma Ventures.
Series A Rounds
- Powerlinx, a B2B social network, raised $7mm led by France-based business information giant Altares D&B.
- Safebreach, a cybersecurity company focused on breach validation, raised $15mm from Sequoia, HP Tech Ventures, Deutsche Telekom, Maverick Ventures, and Shlomo Kramer.
Series B Rounds
- SlateScience, a modular portfolio of educational apps for K-6, raised $45mm led by Australian entrepreneur Leon Kamenev.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our weekly deal digest. Feel free to browse July’s deals with more granularity by clicking any of the links below.
If you’d like to receive our weekly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.